Last Friday was the first official day of fall! Ahh, my favorite season is finally here. It is now time to put the shorts in the back of the closet and pull out the cashmere sweaters and turtlenecks. What is my favorite item for this fall? Well, it would have to be the leather jacket. When I went to Italy about 5 summers ago, my mom and dad forced my sister and I to go to this leather jacket shop with them. The last thing we ever wanted to do in 105 degree weather was try on multiple leather jackets. We endured the pain of trying them on, and we each ended up walking away from the store with a brand new leather jacket handcrafted with real lamb’s leather. I got this fabulous white motorcycle jacket with just enough toughness to it that it goes perfectly with a feminine dress (and it fits me to a tee!). My sister got a basic black leather jacket, but it is totally chic and just her style. These jackets are gorgeous, and I absolutely love wearing mine in the colder months. To add extra warmth, I just wear a cashmere sweater over my top but underneath the jacket.
Now, leather is more popular than ever, and I have found some amazing jackets in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
1. This cream faux-leather jacket is a great inexpensive version of the jacket I have purchased. It is $24.50 from Forever21.com, and it is surely a safe bet to get you through until you can afford a real one.
2. If you are looking for a more feminine yet funky leather jacket, then check out this one by BB Dakota. This is the perfect jacket to to with skirts and dresses. It is actually very reasonable for $238 at Shopbop.com.
3. For a tougher vibe that it totally chic, I found this one from Zara.com. It is pretty similar to the one I own, but mine is white and it has one pocket on both sides of the chest. It is $249 for the ultimate good-girl/bad-girl look.
4. This leather jacket by Rachel Zoe is the perfect jacket to go with jeans. It is the perfect shape for a more casual, yet sophisticated look. It is $695 at Nordstrom.com.
5. Oh how I love this two-tone biker jacket with the shearling collar. Man, it is stunning! I can’t get enough if this Tibi jacket. It is $1,450 at Net-a-porter.com.